Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Tonight I bought a CD completely on an impulse. I was walking through the aisles of the Best Buy here in Lawrence looking for materials to setup my internet connection so I could have my cable connection in the same room without disconnecting cables everytime i wanted internet or TV. I was looking for a splitter and finally found them but was disgusted to find out that they were 10 dollars. So i wandered off and bought a Radiohead cd instead (Kid A) for 13 dollars. I had been eye-ing it for a few months but just decided to go ahead and get it.

Then i went to wal-mart and bought a splitter for 3 dollars. Although the wal-mart one isn't really meant for splitting a digital signal; seems to work but i'm sure there's some degradation of signal.

I always feel depressed after buying a CD. I usually never like a CD the first time I listen to it. It was the same when I bought OK Computer, but after a month or two came to like listening to it.




Today taught the first full 50 minutes of my class--once at 9:00am and again at 2:00pm. After the 2:00pm class I was drained...didn't go as well as the 9:00am class did. Then i actually had some energy, but by the time 2pm rolled around I had also attended a class, went to one of the many meetings I have to go to for KAP, then went to another class, with a frenetic jaunt over to the Kansas Union to get lunch somewhere squezed in there. Mondays, wednesdays, and Fridays are all going to be like this, and then Tuesdays and Thursdays are going to be filled with all the stuff I couldn't do on the other days--e.g. doing homework and studying and preparing for the next day's classes (oh and going to another meeting on Tuesdays). To be honest I don't mind being busy in and of istself but its the mundanity of it all that really kills me and the blank looks of students sucking me dry as I drone on about solving equations.

Today I felt really shitty after the 2pm class. At that point I didn't want to think about teaching on Wednesday let alone for a whole semester. Shortly thereafter I actually got to start working on some homework, which cheered me up actually because I got to spend some quite minutes alone with the text and a pen and paper working steadily on a problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home