Saturday, June 04, 2005

back on the blog

I don't have anything significant to say, but I'm thinking about things a lot, trying to come up with something to say here. I guess I could talk about the insane amounts of rain falling upon Kansas these days. Well...not much more to say than that. Last night I actually tried going out for a walk despite the fact that it was still raining and the track record of these rain storms has been if it's not absolutely pouring right now, it will be in a bout two minutes. This was no exception; wel...it took like maybe ten minutes. I was out walking and it was raining very lightly, but the lightning was out in medium force--as in, I didn't feel like the hand of God was going to smite me at any second; rather, I could see the smiting going on in the distance and up in the sky. At one point, however, there was a bunch of veiny looking lightning (I think it is usually called "crab" lightning, but I don't like that word) nearly above me in the clouds, so I did feel a little miniscule at that point, but pressed on nevertheless because I was so damn tired of either (1) sitting in my "office" of sorts at Tabor writing C++ code and burning my eyes out staring at a screen for hours, or (2) sitting at home being too tired from (1) to do any reading or any productive activity. Kept walking, but tried to keep a certain distance from trees and lamp posts etc., keeping close to buildings when I was near them. I don't know if this even makes a difference, but somewhere I recall being told when there was lightning to stay close to the house. So in my strange self I apply that admonition, given long ago, to my suposedly adult life. Strange. Some would say wise--whatever.

Where was I going with all this.........now I remember. As I was walking back, it started pouring and the lightning became much more crackly, like the sky was a big bowl of Rice Krispies (i forget the spelling of that)--snap, crackle, POP. Ok, that's a shitty simily, but seriously though. It was crazy. So I took shelter underneath the entrance to the Wohlgemuth Music Education Building and stood there staring at the rain hitting the concrete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home