Friday, August 25, 2006

first whole week

Today ends the first full week of the semester. One of the benefits of being really busy is that the time goes by really fast. Unfortunately I don't feel like I've really done much math. I've done a couple of homework problems and read some of the texts but honestly I have been much more busy with teaching and figuring out all the crap that goes along with the teaching. I just got back from "supervising" the KAP workroom/help room. Basically I'm supposed to tell all the undergrad TAs and tutors what to do and where to go. But I'm also expected to pitch in. Thankfully I have to do supervising only once a week--supervising is by far my least favorite thing to do but i'm sure it's good for me in that it "builds character" and all that jazz. Luckily I heard it directly from the director of the program that I'm getting a replacement grader (the one assigned to me originally backed out at the last minute). Yesterday I tried to get all the grading done, but then that made me not get the lesson planning done until late at night. The upside of all this is that it makes me more motivated to study math because it's a joy compared to teaching and going to all those meetings, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home