Monday, July 19, 2004

Work & Miscellanea

Finally tomorrow I'll hopefully get keys. Haven't been able to do much without asking Chris (my boss) to borrow his keys just so I can go do some simple task. It's rather frustrating not being able to go off and do some task when it needs to be done because I don't have keys. Instead I have to sit and wait untill Chris comes around and ask him for his keys. I think I've been doing pretty well considering, however. The summer is over half over already, unfortunately.

Listening to Dido's No Angel album for like the tenth or twentieth time. I'm not sure what that says, but I can be rather obsessive about music that strikes me in a certain way: I listen to it over and over. Sometimes I get sick of it, but other times not. Counting Crow's album August and Everything After was one of those albums I didn't get sick of. Quite the contrary, in fact. I began listening to it and only liking a few of the tracks, but after five months of listening to the whole album I got to like the whole thing. I guess that's one way to be a good album.

When I started this post, I thought I had something actually interesting to write, but I guess I got distracted by downloading the newest version of MSN so I could actually use it again. Probably in vain anyway, since I'm not going to be living in the dorms any more...won't have the benefit of Tabor's T1 always being there: my computer'll probably never be online. Oh well; too much internet is a bad thing anyway, maybe not as bad as too much TV, but certainly just as addictive: that tempting glow of unreality that never really touches you.

Well...at least tomorrow I'll be getting my keys (I hope) so I can actually go to the "office" at nine, instead of having to wait around for my boss to come around. It's not so bad when you're on salary, but when you have to clock in and out, it's better to keep predictable hours...at least I think so. I guess that I feel that my world has been so lacking of structure and discipline lately, I want to have at least one thing disciplined: getting up and going to work at nine, getting off at five, going home, relaxing, reading, etc. The whole thing. Now if I could just find a real job that will allow me to live on my own...but philosophy majors don't have such a luxury, not untill some sort of terminal degree is in hand anyway...but that's a dogged path yet to travel. Some spirit inspires me to optimism about that path, however--different indeed to my feelings most days these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home