Sunday, August 01, 2004

Back in the 'boro

Now back in Hillsboro; I was in Kansas City for the weekend visiting friends again. Really depressing comming back to Hillsboro after being around a good portion of my Tabor friends. Of course if I'd want to stay, that'd mean getting a job, and an appartment of my own.

It is August 1 and I need to get on the ball with my independent study in epistemology for this semester. Need to think about getting the contract made up and filed; that's not hard, just getting all the hoops set up so's I can jump through them is something I generally dislike doing. Call it laziness; call it whatever you will, whatever you will, will, will.

While in KC went to B&N and found an interesting book, by Derrida, called Glas. The proportions of the book were more like that of coffee table read than of a work of philosophy. and the first sentence, structure, strange, deconstructed, was enigmatic, uncapitalized. Derrida! Your such a crazy one! The text was heavily peppered and salted with inset paragraphs in a much smaller typefa e. like C ptions for pictures, and garnished long--quotes--in Deutsch. Rather, the book did not get eaten; it's faded side sitting there still. And I think often about picking it up again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home